A guest post from Elena Stewart at elenastewart.com
The pandemic has been exceptionally frustrating for small business owners, many of whom are still trying to figure out how to keep their companies afloat during the recovery period. But you can have growth during the Covid-19 recovery. Can you attract new customers and make up for lost revenue in this economic climate? These resources will help you gain a competitive advantage and use this time to chart a new path forward for your business. These are our ideas for the small business owner’s guide to growth during the covid-19 recovery.
Planning for Growth During Covid-19 Recovery
You don’t have to settle for a mediocre year in sales. It’s time to start brainstorming new advertising and sales tactics to boost your profits.
- Think about how you can differentiate your business from other companies in your industry and stand out in your field.
- If your business isn’t online, boost sales by partnering with XL Consulting Group, a full service marketing strategy, branding, website design, and copywriting company. An online store captures an additional revenue stream for your business that is a 24/7 selling machine.
- Set realistic goals for social media marketing and develop a strategy to increase your engagement.
- Install programs that provide a variety of ecommerce functions on your business’s website so that your customers can shop online.
- Register a profile on a freelance job board so that you can offer your services to new clients and other businesses in order to widen your reach, raise your revenue, and take on new initiatives.
Investing in Helpful Technology
Don’t be too hesitant to spend money right now – investing in the right technological tools can actually help you bring in more business.
Purchase an inventory management system that will allow you to evaluate your supply levels and cut costs where you can.
- Consider paying for the development of a mobile app, which can improve customer loyalty and engagement.
- Test drive different project management software programs to help your team stay on track of remote tasks.
- Utilize a chatbot for your company to make sure you’re providing top-notch customer service.
Get Your Retail Space Ready
To keep your local customers coming in, spend a little time cleaning up and renovating your retail space for your grand reopening.
- Learn the principles of color theory to develop an aesthetic that attracts more customers.
- Get creative with window merchandising displays – play with your decor to tell a story to your customers.
- Clean and disinfect your store frequently to keep yourself, your staff, and your customers safe.
The events of this year have been discouraging for entrepreneurs. But if you’re open to switching up your strategies, you’ll be able to tap into new markets and start looking forward to a brighter future for your company. It is possible to have growth during the Covid-19 recovery.
For more business advice, listen to one of our podcast interviews with various fabulous business experts.
Photo via Pixabay