Daniela and her daughter Izzi started launching a business by solving a personal problem. After repeatedly experiencing firsthand how challenging it is for those living with sensory sensitivities or disabilities, they founded Sensory Access. The final straw came when we were at a community theater performance and they noticed a group of kids visibly struggling and overwhelmed from sensory overload.
In this podcast you will discover:
- The journey of Daniela and Izzi and the inspiration behind Sensory Access
- The point in their entrepreneiruial journey they felt like quitting and how they overcame the challenges
- The family personal problems with autism and hyperacusis and how these problems became the springboard for making a bigger impact
- How has Sensory Access make events inclusive and accessible for those with sensory processing challenges?
- Daniela explains how they can help with travel needs for those with sensory disabilities
- How can we better care for an empower those who face sensory challenges?
Launching a Business by Solving a Personal Problem
Daniela Ferdico Social Links
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SensoryAccess
- LinkedIn (Company): https://www.linkedin.com/company/sensoryaccess/
- LinkedIn (Personal): https://www.linkedin.com/in/danielaferdico/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sensoryaccess/
Dr. Daniela Ferdico Bio
Dr. Daniela Ferdico is the co-founder of Sensory Access, a non-profit organization that provides resources, consultation, planning, and implementation to bring solutions to organizers while creating inclusion and accessibility for people with sensory processing difficulties. Dr. Ferdico also leads a neurodevelopmental diagnostic practice and loves using technology to expand accessibility for individuals with access requirements. She currently serves as the Director of Sensory Accessibility for Expo 2020 Dubai. Dr. Ferdico earned doctorate and master’s degrees in clinical psychology from the California School of Professional Psychology in the San Francisco Bay Area, and graduated from Gonzaga University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology and criminal justice.
The Fabulous Fempreneurship podcasts are brought to you by the founder of the Fabulous Fempreneurship community, and business author, Elaine Slatter. Elaine is the owner of XL Consulting Group, a small business advisory company. XL Consulting specializes in all aspects of marketing, including strategy, website design, story telling for your business and social media.
Are you just starting a business? Then check out our great book Fabulous Fempreneurship. This is a complete business startup guide. Everything you need to know to get your business up and running!
If you liked this podcast episode, “Launching a Business By Solving a Personal Problem”, you may like the following episodes. And don’t forget to subscribe via your favorite podcast platform and leave a review so we can continue to bring you more episodes!