Sometimes women find it difficult to speak up and find their own voice. Our podcast guest, Karen Laos, a communications expert, talks about how to ask for what you want. After you listen to this podcast you will be able to communicate, get to the point and learn how to ask for what you want!
You will discover:
- What’s the biggest challenge for women in asking for what they want?
- What’s the #1 thing within our control that we often don’t do when asking for what we want?
- What’s your best strategy to offer someone who’s about to ask for something?
- What do you do when a decision maker says “no” to your ask?
- Is it possible to turn a “no” into a “yes”?
- What’s one thing we can work on to improve our ability to speak up?
- What counts most in communicating? Is it what you say or how you say it?
- What holds most people back from getting what they want?
- What’s your best advice for how to speak up?
- How do you stop rambling and get to the point?
- What’s a sentence starter to use when speaking up in a meeting when you want to share your opinion in a meeting?
How to Ask for What You Want (and get it!)
Karen Laos Social Links
- Website: ……check out Karen’s website to take her signature course and learn tools to speak with confidence. This online course will be opening up soon.
Karen Laos Bio
Karen Laos, Communication Expert and Confidence Cultivator, leverages 25 years in the boardroom and speaking on the world’s most coveted stages such as Google and NASA to transform missed opportunities into wins. She guides corporations and individuals with her tested communication model to generate consistent results for women leaders through her Leadership Presence Keynote: How to Be an Influential Communicator.
The Fabulous Fempreneurship podcasts are brought to you by the founder of the Fabulous Fempreneurship community, and business author, Elaine Slatter. Elaine is the owner of XL Consulting Group, a small business advisory company. XL Consulting specializes in all aspects of marketing, including strategy, website design, story telling for your business and social media.
Are you just starting a business? Then check out our great book Fabulous Fempreneurship. This is a complete business startup guide. Everything you need to know to get your business up and running!
For a limited time only, use coupon code FAB50 to get the printed edition of our Fabulous Fempreneurship book for only $10.00 (CAD) + shipping!
If you liked this podcast episode, “How to Ask for What You Want and get it!”, you may like the following episodes. And don’t forget to subscribe via your favorite podcast platform and leave a review so we can continue to bring you more episodes!