For the first time eight different organizations are collaborating to put on this epic International Women’s Day event in Burlington. Why are we celebrating International Women’s Day in Burlington? There are a number of reasons!
Why Are We Celebrating International Women’s Day in Burlington?
- There has never been an event like this before in Burlington. This is the #1 reason. In the Burlington, Ontario area we have over a 1 million residents if you count the nearby towns within a 30 minute drive. So it’s about time!
- When women decide to collaborate, we are a driving force. We all have different strengths so an event like this brings out the best in all of us. We thrive on a purpose and our purpose is to raise money for Women United a division of the Halton/Hamilton United way that serves women and children in our community.
- Embrace and uplift women in business by showcasing local women entrepreneurs in a vendor marketplace.
- Educating women on leadership with a panel of experts including Lisa Lisson, CEO of Fedex Express Canada, Indira Naidoo-Harris, the AVP for Diversity and Human Rights at the University of Guelph and our former MPP for Halton. Amy Voderak, Founder of Insight Edge, a coach, consultant, educator, author, and speaker. Insight Edge. Saphia Khambalia, Anchor of the Weather Network is our interviewer and moderator and Kristine Leadbetter our MCC for the event.
- The opportunity to collaborate with Mompreneurs, Busiwomen, Company of Women, Women In Leadership, Mississauga and Area Women in Business, Insight Edge, Gro Your Biz and our generous venue sponsor, NUVO Network and Women United All women-led organizations!
- Celebrating the global International Women’s Day message of #eachforequal.
- Celebrating diversity and inclusion with our IWD Burlington event agenda.
Tickets to International Women’s Day in Burlington Ontario…WE ARE SOLD OUT! Thanks for your support, see you in 2021.
Are you celebrating International Women’s Day in your area of the world? We would love to hear from you about your events. Let’s all celebrate together and remember the #eachforequal pose.